• Phase II General Permit information for MS4s is available from the Illinois EPA.
• Watershed Central from the U.S. EPA provides tools, guidance, and datasets to aide in successful watershed management.
• The EPA’s Sanitary Sewer Overflows Toolbox will help municipalities to implement the proposed SSO Rule in an effective and cost-efficient manner.
• Access USGS current water data for Kane County and statewide.
Good Housekeeping Resources
Staff training opportunities for MS4 communities:
• Access NPDES online courses and general water training from the EPA.
• The Center for Watershed Protection’s webcasts offer training opportunities for MS4 staff. Join the email list to receive notice when webcasts are hosted for free by Kane County.
Best Management Practices Information
• Visit EPA’s Green Infrastructure site.
• The Center for Watershed Protection’s online watershed library contains stormwater manuals and other BMP guidance documents.
• View a variety of watershed management projects.
• Use the Native Landscape & Ecological Restoration Guide from Chicago Wilderness to assist in selecting contractors and planning projects using native plants.
Kane County Resources
• Read permit information, fees, and the Kane County Stormwater Management Ordinance.
• See floodplain maps for the area.