Learn about Water Issues
• The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s water page provides information on national water issues and resources for how you can help protect water.
• Get basic water information via online tutorials from the Michigan Water Stewardship Program and a homeowner toolkit to help you become a better water steward.
• Build your scientific background on water through the U.S. Geological Survey’s Water Resources page.
• Visit the USGS site for current water data for Illinois to view the stream and rain gage data for Kane County.
• Access plenty of useful information about watershed Best Management Practices and water conservation from the Northwest Water Planning Alliance’s Resource Center, and access the Outdoor Water Conservation Manual.
• The Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant has a collection of useful brochures on natural lawn care practices.
• Get information on septic system maintenance from the Kane County Health Department.
• Learn about rain barrels and rain gardens for your home and property.
Get Involved—Local Watershed Groups
Participate in a river cleanup, volunteer monitoring program, or educational event:
• Friends of the Fox River
• Fox River Study Group
• Fox River Ecosystem Partnership (FREP)
• Valley of the Fox Water Sentinels
• The Conservation Foundation
Kane County Stormwater Brochures
• Homeowner Resource Card
• Be a Clean Water Champion
• Swimming Pool Maintenance