The Naperville Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off is one of four statewide locations with funding from the EPA (the others are Lake County, Chicago, Rockford). Between opening in 1998 and 2011, this facility has collected over 1,440,000 pounds of hazardous materials from 37,400 Kane County Residents.
This facility is currently funded in partnership by the Illinois EPA, DuPage County, Kane County, Will County, and the Cities of Aurora and Naperville.
This location is for residential wastes only.
Location: Naperville Fire Station #4, 1971 Brookdale Rd., Naperville, IL, 60563
Hours: 9am – 2pm every Saturday and Sunday (except holidays)
Contact: Naperville Public Works (M-F) at 630-420-6095 for inquiries
Items NOT Accepted
- Aerosol products
- Auto fluids
- Batteries – auto, sump & household sizes
- Blacktop sealer
- Cleaning products
- Fire extinguishers
- Fluorescent bulbs (tubes and CFLs)
- Gasoline & oil/gas mixtures
- Hobby & photo chemicals
- Lawn chemicals
- Mercury (thermostats, etc.)
- Motor oil
- Oil-based paints, stains, & varnishes
- Pesticides, poisons, insecticides
- Pool chemicals
- Propane tanks (Naperville only, all sizes)