Confidential Document Destruction
FREE 2014 Kane County SHREDDING EVENTS
Free residential document shredding will be offered QUARTERLY in conjunction with the ongoing monthly Electronics and Books Recycling Events.
Where: 540 S. Randall Road, St. Charles, IL 60174
Dates: Saturdays: Mar 8 | Jun 14 | Sept 13 | Dec 13
Hours: 8am and 12noon
- This service provides on-site shredding trucks, where you can watch your documents being shredded if you wish. This is for residential material only, not for businesses (see list below for business service), thank you.
- No quantity limit as long as it is residential.
- Staples, paperclips, spiral bindings, file folders without metal, and cellophane envelope windows are fine to leave in.
- Please REMOVE all binder clips, three-ring plastic binders and any larger metal pieces.
- Please do not bring periodicals, magazines, and other paper that does not contain confidential information. Those materials can go in your household recycling bin. See below for more info.
What is considered confidential?
Confidential information such as account numbers and details, social security numbers, etc. should be kept secure and destroyed.
However, information like name, address, and phone numbers are not considered confidential as they can be found in phone directories or in common records. Those kinds of information do not need to be shredded.
If you do not want to wait until the next shredding event, you might try calling your bank to see if they have a free yearly shredding event for their customers; they sometimes do. Otherwise, here is a list of some companies that offer shredding services in this area.
- Acme Document Destruction: 866.965.7291
- ATR – Advanced Technology Recycler: 815.844.7779
- Cintas Document Management: 708.345.8392
- Groot - Accurate Document Destruction: 800.407.4733
- My Shredding Service, Geneva: 248.387.9395
- RockTenn, Aurora (free service): 630.898.4231
- Secure Eco Shred: 773.685.0100
This list is not all inclusive, nor does Kane County promote any of these businesses above others. It is simply a list of options for confidential document shredding services, meant to serve as a helpful guide.