Electronics and Other Recycling Events
Kane County’s Collection Events
Due to an exponential increase in cars coming to events and the unavoidable dysfunction that causes, the electronics recycling program has been suspended indefinitely while we reassess the program and seek solutions. Please check back periodically for details.
- Jun 11 - Extravaganza is on - but NO ELECTRONICS accepted. Hours: 8am - 12noon Location: 540 S. Randall Road, St. Charles, IL 60174 See event map here.
The following items will be accepted for free at the event:
- Bikes: Bikes, bike parts, helmets, bike baskets, sewing machines
- Books: Books can be of any age, in any condition, either paperback or hard cover. They are assessed for reuse and redistributed if possible. Otherwise they are sent for recycling, having the bindings cut off and all paper recycled.
- Document Shredding: Free confidential document shredding will be offered - we have shred trucks on site. This program is a residential program only. Please see the Document Shredding page for more information.
- Fluorescent Tubes (4-foot tubes only): from residential sources only; please no CFLs (most hardware stores will take them).
- Mobility Devices: wheel chairs, crutches, walkers
- Packing material: styrofoam (block foam and food service plates, cups, etc), bubble wrap, packing peanuts (must be clean and well contained in sealed bags please).
Liquid Latex Paint will be accepted for a fee at the event:
- Latex Paint Recycling: No oil paint. FEES APPLY: There is a cost for recycling paint, payable by the resident, cash or check only. Please see the Paint page for more information.
NO ELECTRONICS will be accepted.