Online meeting will preview the updated
On October 30, 2015, the Kane County Health Department convened the initial meeting of the CARE4Kane effort (Community Action, Research & Evaluation for Kane County). Representatives from higher education, community organizations and local government came together to discuss how to enrich partnerships to increase research and evaluation efforts.
Participants recognize that to Achieve Kane County's Vision: To be the healthiest county in Illinois by 2030...
- We need a living and growing information infrastructure
- Faculty need opportunities and resources to advance their scholarship
- Students need opportunities for engagement in research and real world experiences
- Colleges and universities need outlets for high-impact practices like undergraduate research to improve retention and degree completion
- By coming together, we have the opportunity to make all this happen!
The next CARE4Kane community meeting will be hosted via webinar on Friday, September 23rd, 2016 at 9 AM
. Click here to register now. Interested users of the site should also complete the pre-registration form to be notified when the site goes live.
The agenda will include:
- An overview of Kane County's GIS
- A tour of the updated CARE4Kane website
- Updates on current projects including Community Engagement, Improving Internships, Jail Recidivism, Chronic Disease Prevention and more.
For more information about the webinar and launch of the CARE4Kane site, please contact Alexis Slivka
with the Kane County Health Department.
Event to be hosted by the Fox Valley Sustainability Network
The Fox Valley Sustainability Network is inviting interested citizens to attend their next forum on Friday, October 7th
. The event will be held at Aquascape
from 9-11 AM.
This forum will focus on Economic Development and how it relates to sustainability in the Fox River Valley. As with prior events, it is expected that capacity will be reached quickly, so RSVP to Taylee Pardi at email@example.com or 312-706-2532 now in order to secure your seat. More event details including an event agenda will be made available shortly. Visit the FVSN website often for updates.
- Monday, September 19 - FVSN Meet and Greet: Scorched Earth Brewing
- Friday, October 7, 2016 - FVSN Forum (Economic Development)
- Wednesday, December 7, 2016 - FVSN Forum (Transportation)
- Wednesday, February 8, 2017 - FVSN Forum (Food and Waste)
- Thursday, April 6, 2017 - Fox Valley GreenTown and Mayor's Breakfast
- Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - FVSN Forum (Energy)
- Wednesday, August 30, 2017 - FVSN Forum (Water)
Kane County and the Kane County Planning Cooperative are founding partners and funders of the FVSN, and will be supporting the network and workshops over the next 18 months, in addition to other KCPC workshops and events.
Federal Transit Administration and Smart Growth America partner to offer communities assistance
Each year, the Federal Transit Administration in partnership with Smart Growth America offers free technical assistance
to communities to develop tools, guidance, and other resources for enhancing transit-oriented development (TOD) within transit corridors or around a public transportation station, and in economically distressed communities.
The second round of our free technical assistance is now open. Requests may be submitted until Friday, October 7, 2016 at 5:00 p.m. EDT. Any unit or subdivision of state, regional, local, or tribal governments with an active federally funded transit capital project are eligible to apply.
More information about the activities offered, the eligibility criteria, and the evaluation and selection process are available in the PDF version of the application