Kane County worked with Blackberry Township officials to extend coverage under the terms of County's waste hauling contract for the Mill Creek Special Service Area to all unincorporated residential addresses within Blackberry Township. This change was facilitated by a ballot measure passed by Township voters in June of 2022. LRS, the contracted service provider for Mill Creek, began providing service to all residential addresses in unincorporated Blackberry Township in November of 2022.
To request service, please call LRS directly at (844) 633-3577 or email
Service@LRSrecycles.com . Please also see the
LRS website for unincorporated Blackberry Township.
Advantages of Consolidated Waste Hauling:
- Fewer trucks on Township roads means:
- Less noise
- Less local air pollution
- Less wear and tear on the roads
- Many residents will see their waste hauling costs decrease
- Use of the County
household hazardous waste no-cost home pick-up program
- Simplified disposal of bulk items & white goods
- More options to right-size service based on household needs:
- Recycling cart + "pay as you throw" trash + "pay as you throw" yard waste & organics or
- Recycling cart + trash cart + "pay as you throw" yard waste & organics or
- Recycling cart + trash cart + yard waste & organics cart (seasonal)
LRS service website for more information on the options
Current Year Pricing (Nov. 1 2023 - Oct. 31 2024):
Sticker program price: $2.89 per sticker (a recycling tote is provided; all units of trash and yard waste require stickers)
Two tote program (trash and recycling totes; yard waste requires stickers): $17.60 per month
Three totes (trash, recycling and yard waste/organics totes; only extra bulk items or other additional waste requires stickers): $20.60/month
Pricing will increase by 2.5% each year during the initial contract term (through October 31, 2026). The price increase will occur on November 1st of each year.