COVID note: This information is current (5/28/20). We are conducting events and the drop-offs are open. Please stay in your car, our staff will unload for you. Residents must follow these Rules of Use.
DROP-OFF LOCATIONS - open year-round
Batavia, Fabyan Parkway
Location: 517 E. Fabyan Parkway, Batavia, IL 60510 SEE MAP
West Dundee Public Works
Location: 900 Angle Tarn, West Dundee, IL 60118 SEE MAP
Hours: M-F 7am-3pm (See Holiday Closures)
Naperville Public Works (open to Kane County residents)
Location: 156 Fort Hill Drive, Naperville, IL60540
Contact: eWorks at 217-364-7543
Drop-off locations accept:
- Materials to be recycled must be in the hatchback area or trunk of the vehicle. Items placed in passenger seats or back seats will not be accepted.
- Residents will remain in the vehicle with windows up and our worker will unload for you.
- Read the full Rules of Use and follow them please.
Costs: TVs and Monitors cost $25 (under 21" measured diagonally) or $35 (21" or over). All other acceptable items are free to drop off. These same costs apply at the collection events listed below.
COVID-19 Payment guidelines:
- Online: Please pay online in advance for any TVs or monitors and bring your printed receipt to the drop-off with you. You will need to show the printed receipt through the window.
- Card: If you need to pay by credit card at the time of delivery because you do not have a way to print the receipt, staff will limit contact while processing any payment transactions, meaning only your card will need to come into contact with the electronic swipe device and you will not need to sign physically.
- Cash: Cash paymnents are highly discouraged for the safety of the workers. If you have to pay with cash, it must be the exact amount. Change will not be given. In order to avoid direct contact, you will insert the cash into a slotted box held out by the staff person.
Why is there a fee on TVs and Monitors? TVs and monitors contain lead and/or mercury and must be processed as hazardous material, a more expensive process that makes the consumer-based fee a necessity. The fee is paid directly to the County's contracted electronics recycler - eWorks, a non-profit that employs people with developmental disabilities. You are helping a good cause and responsibly disposing of your used electronics!
Data security: Kane County contracts with eWorks Recycling Services, located in Elk Grove Village. All data stored on computer hard drives will be completely erased or destroyed under the highest security (meeting all FACTA privacy protection requirements). They use the BLANCO data erasure software and the Department of Defense Standard 7-pass kill disk. This also applies to the Naperville site which is managed and served by eWorks as well.
2020 Event Dates:
Where: 540 S. Randall Road, St. Charles, IL 60174
When: Saturdays, as listed below, from 8am – 12 noon
Jun 13 - Electronics, Books, Clothes & Textiles Only
No document shredding until further notice. Due to the anticipated volume of vehicles that attend, it is logistically prohibitive to offer this service under the safety protocol required in the current phase of the re-opening plan. But we are still having the event and will be recycling electronics, clothes, and books! We will continue to monitor the situation and will resume shredding if possible as things change throughout the year.
Jul 11 - Electronics, Books, Clothes & Textiles, Paint
(There will be NO Extravaganza this year)
Aug 8 - Electronics, Books, Clothes & Textiles
Sept 12 - Electronics, Books, Clothes & Textiles
Oct 10 - Electronics, Books, Clothes & Textiles, Paint
Nov 14 - Electronics, Books, Clothes & Textiles
Costs at events: TVs and Monitors cost $25 or $35. All other acceptable items are free to drop off. Same costs and payment method guidelines apply at events and at drop-offs. Scroll up for details.
(not part of the Kane County program) are listed HERE
The information regarding other options is provided as a service to residents and is updated intermittently or when changes are brought to our attention. Residents are encouraged to call the recycling centers to verify recycling information. Inclusion in this guide is not an endorsement of any of these companies, nor has the County purposely excluded any parties that provide waste/recycling services.