Recycling Plastic Bags & Film
PLEASE DO NOT PLACE PLASTIC BAGS IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD RECYCLING BINS!
Please do not put your recyclable materials in plastic bags inside of the collection bin. Empty all recyclable items, loose, into the collection bin for collection. Plastic Bags are the #1 contaminant at the sorting facilities.
Plastic bags and plastic film are recyclable, but only at grocery store drop-boxes. Check your local store for their drop-box and to verify acceptable materials. Please visit
www.plasticfilmrecycling.org for more information.
Please Recycle only plastic bags that are clean, dry and empty:
- Grocery bags
- Newspaper Bags
- Produce Bags
- Bread Bags labeled with a #2 or #4
- Retail bags (hard plastic and string handles removed)
- Paper towel, napkin, and toilet paper plastic wrap
- Case wrap (around cases of bottled water, drinks, or snacks)
- Plastic dry cleaning bags
- Plastic shipping envelopes
- Ziploc bags (clean, dry, empty bags only & cut the zip strip off)
- All clean, dry, empty plastic bags labeled with a #2 or #4
- Plastic film wrap (found around electronics or shipping pallets)
- Bubble wrap (clean and with minimal tape)
- White plastic bubble wrap style Amazon mailers with blue print (Paper mailers with bubble wrap inside of them are NOT accepted)
- Some cereal bags (make sure that the How2Recycle label on the box indicates that the bag is okay to include in the grocery store programs)
Do NOT Recycle:
The following are considered contaminants and could jeopardize recycling programs.
NO receipts, deli stickers, or cling wrap
- NO frozen food bags
- NO other bags or films
- NO Paper mailers with bubble wrap inside of them