Need a CAREER or Help with SCHOOL? Your Future Starts HERE!
If you want to find training for a career, are looking for a job, or need help with school the Workforce Development Division of Kane County wants to HELP YOU find the right opportunity to get started!
If you are between the ages of 16-24 and are a resident of Kane, DeKalb or Kendall County, call one of our partners today for next steps on getting started!
Help is Available
For SCHOOL/EDUCATION ...
- School scholarships
- Discover your basic academic skill levels and receive help to further improve
- Attend tutoring or remedial classes
- GED Prep & Attainment
- College visits
- Credentials/Certificates you need to get hired
For your CAREER ...
- Try Paid Work Experience, an internship, job shadowing, or apprenticeship
- Discover your career interests
- Learn job search tips and techniques
- Resume help
- Learn how to complete job applications
- Practice interviewing techniques before it counts!
- Learn basic work requirements
- Visit local hiring employers
- Hear what employers want from workers
- Labor market information: understanding what hot jobs pay & require
For your FUTURE ...
- Assistance with your transportation to work or school, or help with Child Care while in school
- Someone to listen and help guide you in the right direction
- Learn to lead and manage life skills
- Get involved in your Community
- Budgeting instruction and financial literacy assistance
- Find continuing educational support
YOU Can Start TODAY! Find the right opportunity for YOU at one of the providers below.
To view the services available, click on the Organization's link to learn more about what help they can give YOU and who to call to get started.
|Business & Career Services Inc.|
Explore careers in Manufacturing; Visit local manufacturers, Get paid as an Intern; Obtain OSHA Certification; Obtain Forklift Certification
|Central States SER, Jobs for Progress Inc.|
Career Pathway Guidance; Vocational Exploration through Paid Work Experience; Educational Remediation for GED Attainment; Academic Tutoring for Reading and Math; Credit Recovery Assistance
|Elgin Community College|
GED Prep; School Scholarships; Paid Work Experience; Career Counseling; Helping finding a Job
|Grundy/Kendall Regional Office of Education|
GED; Paid Work Experience; Paid Vocational Training/Internships; Career Guidance and Counseling; Managing Life Skills; Job Search Assistance
Personal and Career Counseling; Financial Support; School Scholarships; Paid Work Experience; Managing Life Skills; Employment Readiness Training
|Parents Alliance Employment Project Link|
Provides out-of-school youth with disability the opportunity to learn on-the-job through a rotation of internships while providing them with intensive assistance to aid in the development of self-sufficiency for eventual placement in unsubsidized employment.
|Kane County, DeKalb County, Kendall County|
|Waubonsee Community College|
Scholarships for Occupational Training; Academic Tutoring for Reading and Math; Job Search Workshops and Assistance, GED assistance through Adult Ed; Paid Work Experience; Career Exploration through Job Shadowing.
|Kane County, Kendall County|