The Audit Hotline can be used by citizens, vendors and employees to identify and report financially fraudulent, wasteful or abusive practices within the Kane County Government. These reports can be submitted as noted below:
The Hotline is another tool for increased transparency and accountability. Its success will depend on the willingness of employees, vendors, and citizens to report credible information about fraud, waste and abuse in Kane County. The Audit Hotline is used only for reporting fraud, waste and abuse. It should not be used to file complaints about a neighbor, private business or any other non-government issue.
Examples of what should be reported:
- Theft of County resources
- Misuse of County equipment or property
- Improper activities by County officials, employees and contractors
- Payroll and expense claim fraud
- Wasteful, excessive, unnecessary or inappropriate purchases or expenditures
- Fictitious vendors/supplies or false invoicing
Audit Hotline Operation:
The Audit Hotline is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week. The Kane County Auditorï¿½s Office manages the hotline and will answer calls made during business hours (M-F 8:30 am ï¿½ 4:30 pm). Reports made to the Audit Hotline are treated confidentially, although it may be necessary at some time to convey the reported information to appropriate local, state or federal agencies.