The Naperville Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off is one of four statewide locations (the others are Lake County, Chicago, Rockford). Between opening in 1998 and 2013, this facility has collected over 1,440,000 pounds of hazardous materials from 37,400 Kane County Residents.
This facility is currently funded in partnership by the Illinois EPA, DuPage County, Kane County, Will County, and the Cities of Aurora and Naperville.
This location is for residential wastes only.
Location: 156 Fort Hill Drive, Naperville, IL 60540
Hours: 9am – 2pm every Saturday and Sunday (HOLIDAY CLOSURES: Sun 12/24 & Sun 12/31)
Contact: Naperville Public Works (M-F) at 630-420-6095 for inquiries
Items NOT Accepted
- Aerosol products
- Auto fluids
- Batteries – auto, sump & household sizes
- Blacktop sealer - oil based
- Cleaning products
- Cooking Oil
- Fire Extinguishers
- Fluorescent bulbs (tubes and CFLs)
- Gasoline & oil/gas mixtures
- Hobby & photo chemicals
- Lawn chemicals
- Mercury (thermostats, etc.)
- Motor oil
- Oil-based paints, stains, & varnishes
- Pesticides, poisons, insecticides
- Pool chemicals
- Propane tanks (Large grill tanks only, no small camping size canisters)