The Naperville Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off is one of four statewide locations (see Alternate Facilities below). Since opening in 1998 and up to 2019, the Naperville facility has collected over 2 million pounds of hazardous materials from 44,370 Kane County Residents.
This facility is funded in partnership by the Illinois EPA, DuPage County, Kane County, Will County, and the Cities of Aurora and Naperville.
This location is for residential wastes only.
Location: 156 Fort Hill Drive, Naperville, IL 60540
Hours: 9am - 2pm every Saturday and Sunday
Contact: Naperville Public Works (M-F) at 630-420-6095 for inquiries
- Stay in your vehicle! This is for your safety.
- Clearly mark items in your trunk as HHW material.
- Expect that there may be a wait as there will be increased traffic due to the recent temporary closure. Please only bring accepted items to help expedite the collection process.
- Aerosol products
- Auto fluids
- Batteries – auto & sump (lead-acid batteries)
- Blacktop sealer - oil based
- Cleaning products
- Cooking Oil
- Fire Extinguishers
- Fluorescent bulbs
(tubes and CFLs)
- Gasoline & oil/gas mixtures
- Hobby & photo chemicals
- Lawn chemicals
- Motor oil
- Oil-based paints, stains, & varnishes
- Pesticides, poisons, insecticides
- Pool chemicals
- Propane tanks
(Large grill tanks only, no small camping size canisters)
Chicago: Goose Island HHW Facility
Location: 1150 N. Branch St., Chicago, ILHours: Tuesdays: 7am-12pm; Thursdays: 2pm-7pm; 1st Saturday of the month: 8am-3pm.Contact: 312-744-7672 or see website.
Gurnee: Solid Waste Agency of Lake County
Location: 1311 N Estes St., Gurnee, IL (Please use Rt 41 to Delany Rd (North) to Grove (East) to Estes.Hours: Year round, twice a month: 2nd & 4th Saturday of every month (except December).Contact: Appointments are necessary. See
Rockford: Rock River Reclamation District
Location: 3333 Kishwaukee Street, Rockford, IL 61109Hours: Saturdays: 8am-4pm; Sundays: 12pm-4pm.Contact: 779-348-7300 or see website.