RECYCLING CENTERS - open year-round
Aurora, VetTech facility (GRAND OPENING Monday 6/21) Location: 911 N Lake Street, Aurora, IL 60506 Batavia, Fabyan Parkway
Location: 517 E. Fabyan Parkway, Batavia, IL 60510 MAP
West Dundee, Public Works
Location: 900 Angle Tarn, West Dundee, IL 60118 MAP
Hours: M-F 7am-3pm (See Holiday Closures)
Naperville, Public Works (open to Kane County residents)
Location: 156 Fort Hill Drive, Naperville, IL60540
Contact: eWorks at 217-364-7543
- Appliances: small household appliances, no freon containing devices
- Books: see Books page for more info ONLY accepted at Batavia and West Dundee locations.
- Clothing & Textiles: Accepted Items List
- Christmas/Holiday Lights
- Electronics: Accepted Items List. See "Costs" below.
- Scrap Metal
- Do NOT bring anything that is not on this list (and the linked materials lists)
See EVENTS also.
Costs:Monitors (all types, flat screen or glass tube) and TVs/Televisions (all types, all ages, flat screen or glass tube) do have a cost to recycle them at the Events and the Recycling Centers. All other electronics are free to drop off.
- $25 fee for screens under 21 inches (measured diagonally)
- $35 fee for screens 21 inches or over (measured diagonally)
- Online: You may pay online in advance for any TVs or monitors and bring your printed receipt with you. You will need to show the printed receipt.
- Card: You can pay by credit card at the time of delivery. Staff will limit contact while processing any payment transactions.
- Cash: Cash payments are discouraged but you can pay with (exact) cash if necessary. If you have to pay with cash, it must be the exact amount. Change will not be given. In order to avoid direct contact, you will insert the cash into a slotted box held out by the staff person.
Why is there a fee on TVs and Monitors? TVs and monitors contain lead and/or mercury and must be processed as hazardous material, a more expensive process that makes the consumer-based fee a necessity. The fee is paid directly to the County's contracted electronics recycler - eWorks, a non-profit that employs people with developmental disabilities. You are helping a good cause and responsibly disposing of your used electronics!
Data security: Kane County contracts with eWorks Recycling Services, located in Elk Grove Village. All data stored on computer hard drives will be completely erased or destroyed under the highest security (meeting all FACTA privacy protection requirements). They use the BLANCO data erasure software and the Department of Defense Standard 7-pass kill disk. This applies to all Kane County Recycling Centers and events, as well as the Naperville site which is also managed and served by eWorks.
As an added service, eWorks will now accept the delivery of electronic equipment from businesses, organizations, institutions, libraries, and municipalities at the Kane County Recycling Centers.
Guidelines for Businesses:
- For large volumes, ongoing quantities, or specific documentation requirements, please contact eWorks (217-364-7472) for a customized quote and service program options.
- Up to 2 pallets worth can be delivered without prior notice.
- Anything more than 2 pallets will require that you call to make an appointment (217-364-7472).
- Identify yourself as a business (for tracking purposes) at the time of delivery (bring a business card or a tax ID #).
- You will pay the same cost for TVs and Monitors as residents do: TVs and Monitors cost $25 (under 21" measured diagonally) or $35 (21" or over). All other items are FREE to drop off.
- Businesses can pay with a credit card at the time of delivery.
- If certificate of recycling, data destruction, or an audit report is required, please contact eWorks in advance of delivery (217-364-7472) to make arrangements for documentation.
Alternatively, businesses may see the whole list of electronics recycling companies that can assist with electronics recycling needs.
Other Options for electronics recycling
(not part of the Kane County program) are listed HERE
The information regarding other options is provided as a service to residents and is updated intermittently or when changes are brought to our attention. Residents are encouraged to call the recycling centers to verify recycling information. Inclusion in this guide is not an endorsement of any of these companies, nor has the County purposely excluded any parties that provide waste/recycling services.Batavia Home Collection program