COVID-19 Rules of Use:
- Please wear your mask.
- Materials must be in the hatchback area or trunk of the vehicle.
- Residents will remain in the vehicle; site staff will unload for you.
- Read the full Rules of Use and follow them please.
EVENTS have finished for the year. The 2021 schedule starts in April.
RECYCLING CENTERS - open year-round
Batavia, Fabyan Parkway
Location: 517 E. Fabyan Parkway, Batavia, IL 60510 MAP
Saturday hours: 8am-1pm
West Dundee Public Works
Location: 900 Angle Tarn, West Dundee, IL 60118 MAP
Hours: M-F 7am-3pm (See Holiday Closures)
NO Saturday hours.
Naperville Public Works (open to Kane County residents)
Location: 156 Fort Hill Drive, Naperville, IL60540
Contact: eWorks at 217-364-7543
Costs: TVs and Monitors cost $25 (under 21" measured diagonally) or $35 (21" or over). All other items are FREE to drop off.
- Online: You may pay online in advance for any TVs or monitors and bring your printed receipt with you. You will need to show the printed receipt.
- Card: You can pay by credit card at the time of delivery. Staff will limit contact while processing any payment transactions.
- Cash: Cash payments are discouraged but you can pay with (exact) cash if necessary. If you have to pay with cash, it must be the exact amount. Change will not be given. In order to avoid direct contact, you will insert the cash into a slotted box held out by the staff person.
Why is there a fee on TVs and Monitors? TVs and monitors contain lead and/or mercury and must be processed as hazardous material, a more expensive process that makes the consumer-based fee a necessity. The fee is paid directly to the County's contracted electronics recycler - eWorks, a non-profit that employs people with developmental disabilities. You are helping a good cause and responsibly disposing of your used electronics!
Data security: Kane County contracts with eWorks Recycling Services, located in Elk Grove Village. All data stored on computer hard drives will be completely erased or destroyed under the highest security (meeting all FACTA privacy protection requirements). They use the BLANCO data erasure software and the Department of Defense Standard 7-pass kill disk. This also applies to the Naperville site which is managed and served by eWorks as well.
Business equipment: The Kane County Recycling Centers can now take electronic equipment from businesses as well as residents. Please identify your self as a business for record keeping purposes. Destruction reports may be requested by scheduling in advance, by contacting Jeff Stagg of eWorks Electronics Services at 847-276-8894, jstagg(at)eworksesi.org. Costs for TVs and Monitors are the same as for residents, see above.
Additionally, businesses may use this list of electronics recycling companies that can assist with electronics recycling needs.
Other Options for electronics recycling
(not part of the Kane County program) are listed HERE
The information regarding other options is provided as a service to residents and is updated intermittently or when changes are brought to our attention. Residents are encouraged to call the recycling centers to verify recycling information. Inclusion in this guide is not an endorsement of any of these companies, nor has the County purposely excluded any parties that provide waste/recycling services.Batavia Home Collection program