It's almost time for our annual Kane County Recycling Extravaganza!
Not familiar? Collecting hard-to-recycle items for re-use and recycling is the name of the game. The event site will be set up with multiple stations in a circuit, and folks can bring in as much as will fit into vehicles.
Please note, there will not be document shredding at the Extravaganza. Our next shredding date is August 13 - see below.
Where: Circuit Court Building/"Old Montgomery Wards", 540 S. Randall Road, St. Charles (see site map below)
When: Saturday, July 9th, 2022, 8am - noon. Rain or shine (though will shut down in the event of hazardous weather)
Volunteers needed: Want to help your neighbors recycle? Fun in the sun, snacks and pizza (deep-dish, natch) will be your reward! The Recycling Coordinator can sign off on volunteer hours for various programs. Sign up online using this form or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tell your friends and neighbors: Please share this webpage. We also have a PDF flier you can print and share.
Accepted items: NOTE - items are listed here in the order they should be packed into your vehicle (e.g. if you're bringing latex paint, pack it first in the back of your trunk with other items in front). NOTE - Items with a * indicate a cost to recycle - see cost list below.
- Liquid latex paint and primer* (do not mix cans together please)
- Aerosol items and camp-size (16 oz. or smaller) fuel canisters*
- Styrofoam blocks and food service packaging
- Bicycles and bicycle accessories
- Books and already shredded paper (in paper bag, stapled closed please)
- NOTE: no shredding on site at this event
- Corrugated cardboard
- Clean and dry clothing, accessories and home textiles (in reusable and non-reusable condition)
- Scrap metal
- Electronics (*fee for TVs and stand-alone computer monitors - all other accepted electronics at no cost)
- Dry cell batteries (includes standard AA/AAA/C/D, 9V alkalines, lithium primary, and all rechargeable batteries)
- Fluorescent light tubes and CFL bulbs (from residential usage)
*Costs: (payable onsite with cash or card - correct change/small bills appreciated)
Liquid latex paint and primer: $1 per pint can, $3 per gallon can, $5 per 2 gallon can, $15 per 5 gallon bucket
Aerosol items and fuel canisters: $1 per aerosol item and isobutane canister, $3 per small propane canister
TVs and monitors: $25 for screens under 21" measured diagonally; $35 for 21" and over
Items not accepted:
- Oil-based paint and all other non-aerosol household hazardous waste
- Unaccepted aerosols: see limitations here
- Packing peanuts, bubble wrap, air-filled cushions
- Extremely rusted or damaged (unrepairable) bicycles
- Damaged bicycle helmets
- Lead-acid batteries (e.g. car, boat, sump-pump batteries)
- Incandescent light bulbs
- Please see this guide for details on acceptable electronics, books, clothing and scrap metal
Event Location: 540 S Randall Road, St. Charles, IL 60174
Time: 8am-12 noon
8/13/22 Document Shredding Only
10/8/22 Paint, Aerosol products, & Document Shredding
11/5/22 Pumpkin Composting Event 9am-12pm @ Pushing the Envelope Farm, 1700 Averill Rd, Geneva, IL 60134